Exclusion, Disclaimer, Liability and Indemnification Clause
The SLAS Internship Program ("program") is in accordance with the policies, bylaws and regulations of the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS). SLAS policies govern on all provisions.
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to additional restrictions below, this program is open to all relevant individuals and organizations to which this initiative is available via the SLAS web site and other SLAS communications vehicles. The following list of individuals is not eligible to participate in this program: SLAS Board of Directors, officers, contractors, employees, family members, and/or those considered to be "insiders." Applicants affiliated with anyone on the Board of Directors are permitted to participate, but the Board member must recuse him or herself from involvement or evaluating that particular application. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO APPLY: Applications are received through established electronic association submission mechanisms on the SLAS web site and comprise the appropriate program application form. SLAS reserves the right to disqualify illegitimate and/or bogus applications. This program is annual in accordance with the Board-approved fiscal-year budget. Funding support is limited pursuant to the Board-approved fiscal-year budget on a first-come, first-served basis.
- SELECTION & NOTIFICATION:
- Each application will be verified by based on the merit of the initiativeand correlation to the program mission — which relates to SLAS’ exempt purpose of advancing the science and education of laboratory sciences. Applications will be verified and processed on a first-come, first-served basis in accordance with budget parameters.
- In recognition of the varying employer/institutional policies governing employee acceptance of support, those employer/institutional policies will be recognized and honored by SLAS to the extent they are not inconsistent with and do not conflict with SLAS policy and/or GAAP. However, SLAS will not be responsible or liable for said policies. Applicants have the option to decline the support.
- The funding support is not to be considered an obligation of SLAS.
- The applicant will be notified by phone, email, or mail. If any notification is returned as undeliverable, that applicant will forfeit the support.
- Submission of the application form constitutes permission to use applicant's name, support award, hometown, likeness and statement and other personally identifiable information for online posting and promotional, advertising and marketing purposes without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. All taxes related to the value of the support are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Funding is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by the applicant. The applicant is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the support.
- GENERAL: In no event shall program support be awarded more than once within a 12-month period to the same individual, institution or entity. SLAS is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, or misdirected applications or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. SLAS disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this program, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this program should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond SLAS’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this program. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted. SLAS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any submission if an applicant’s fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the program. In recognition of support, SLAS may require appropriate sponsor status with your initiative, event or project using the SLAS corporate logo. Official use and placement of the SLAS logo is to be pre-approved by a member of the SLAS professional team.
- EXPULSION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN APPLICANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROGRAM WILL RESULT IN THE EXPLUSION OF THE APPLICANT. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SLAS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH APPLICANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY APPLICANT DEEMED ILLEGITIMATE AND/OR BOGUS BY SLAS WILL RESULT IN THE EXPULSION OF THE APPLICANT.
- LIABILITY: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SLAS, its directors, officers, and employees from and against all claims, actions or causes of action, liabilities, and costs arising from the defense of any claim, action, cause of action or liabilities in connection with your initiative, event or project you use the SLAS program funding or in-kind support for.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Under no circumstances shall SLAS or its directors, officers, employees, or agents be liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages arising out of or in connection with this program, and/or the event, initiative, or project you are using the SLAS program funding support for. You hereby waive any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of any kind you may have directly or indirectly against SLAS or its directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to your access to, use of, or participation in this program and/or the event, initiative, or project you are using the SLAS program funding or in-kind support for. Your participation in this program warrants that an agreement was entered into in the state of Illinois, and shall be governed by the substantive laws of the state of Illinois. You have read this disclaimer and understand all of its terms and conditions. As a condition of participation in this program you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.
- NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT: Discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, national origin, ethnicity, veterans status, or disability in regard to this program is prohibited. Each applicant shall be evaluated based on the merit of the initiative and SLAS’ mission which must relate to SLAS’ exempt purpose of advancing the science and education of technologies in the laboratory.