Join Us in Orlando This Year and Win a Trip to San Diego Next Year!
Register for SBS 2011 in Orlando, March 27-31, as a full-conference paid participant and become eligible to win an all-expense paid trip to SLAS2012 in San Diego next February. The winner of "Win a Trip to SLAS2012" will be selected in a random drawing on or around March 30, 2011 at SBS 2011 in Orlando, Florida. The winner will receive:
- Complimentary full-conference registration to SLAS2012, February 4-8, 2012, San Diego
- Roundtrip, coach airfare for one
- Four nights hotel accommodations
Travel arrangements for SLAS2012 must be made through the SLAS2012 Official Travel Agent. Rules and regulations apply.
"Win a Trip to SLAS2012" (Drawing) Rules & Regulations
OFFICIAL RULES PARTICIPATION AS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS IS REQUIRED TO WIN.
The SLAS "Win a Trip to SLAS2012" drawing is being conducted by the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) in accordance with SLAS policies, bylaws and regulations. SLAS policies govern on all provisions.
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to additional restrictions below, this Drawing is open to all participants ages 18 or older, who are a fully-paid full-conference participant at SBS 2011 in Orlando. The Drawing will take place on-site in Orlando, Florida, March 30, 2011. Employees, associated agencies, immediate family members, and Board members of SLAS are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: Register for the SBS 17th Annual Conference and Exhibition as a fully-paid, full-conference participant. For registration information and details, go here. SLAS reserves the right to disqualify illegitimate and/or bogus entries.
- PRIZE INFORMATION & ODDS: The winner of the "Win a Trip to SLAS2012" random drawing will receive:
- Complimentary full-conference registration to SLAS2012 in San Diego, CA, USA, February 4-8, 2012
- Round-trip coach airfare for one person to attend SLAS2012
- Four nights accommodations during SLAS2012
The following rules apply:
- One prize is awarded solely to the fully-paid, full-conference SBS 2011 participant who is selected in the random drawing on March 30, 2011
- Once selected, the winner must sign the SLAS Letter of Intent recognizing sole responsibility for the prize and releasing SLAS of liability, taxes, candidate employer policies, and any other obligations.
- In recognition of the varying employer policies governing employee acceptance of prizes, those employer policies will be recognized and honored by SLAS to the extent they are not inconsistent with and do not conflict with SLAS policy and/or GAAP. However, SLAS will not be responsible or liable for said policies. Winners have the option to decline the prize.
- The prize is not to be considered an obligation of SLAS.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or about 3/30/11 by SLAS staff at SBS 2011 in Orlando, Florida. The winner need not be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone, email, or mail. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that entrant will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness and statement and other personally identifiable information for online posting and promotional, advertising and marketing purposes without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. All taxes related to the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. The value of the prize will be reported to the IRS and other taxing authorities by SLAS and any taxes are the obligation of the winner. The winner must supply SLAS with a completed W-9 form in order to receive payment.
- GENERAL: In no event will more than one prize be awarded. SLAS is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. SLAS disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Drawing, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Drawing should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond SLAS's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Campaign. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted. SLAS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Drawing.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CAMPAIGN IS DISQUALIFIED. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ALA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY ENTRY DEEMED ILLEGITIMATE AND/OR BOGUS BY SLAS SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Under no circumstances shall SLAS or its directors, officers, employees, or agents be liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages arising out of or in connection with this Drawing. You hereby waive any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of any kind you may have directly or indirectly against or its directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to access to, use of, or participation in this Drawing. Your participation in this Drawing warrants that an agreement was entered into in the state of Illinois, and shall be governed by the substantive laws of the state of Illinois. You have read this disclaimer and understand all of its terms and conditions. As a condition of participation in this Drawing you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.