The Journal of Laboratory Automation
An Official Journal of the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening
JALA is a multi-disciplinary international forum devoted to the advancement of technology in the laboratory. It is an official, peer-reviewed journal of the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening, and provides a unique forum for the presentation of method-focused scientific papers and related news and product announcements. Six issues are published each year in partnership with SAGE Publications.
JALA authors, readers and reviewers are academic, commercial and government researchers, scientists and engineers who conduct research and develop new technologies to increase productivity, elevate data quality, reduce lab process cycle times or enable experimentation that otherwise would be impossible.
JALA manuscript abstracts are indexed by MEDLINE, Analytical Abstracts, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Chemical Abstracts (CAS+), CINAHL, Compendex, EMBASE / Excerpta Medica, Google Scholar, Inspec, Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, Proquest CSA Technology Research Database, Science Citation Index Expanded (also known as SciSearch), SciFinder, Scirus, and Scopus. JALA Online publishes searchable abstracts and full text articles.
- View full text articles from past and present issues (now optimized for mobile viewing!)
- Preview articles in press
- Save searches
- Create search alerts, table of contents (TOC) alerts, and citation alerts
- Purchase access to new titles or articles
To Establish Your JALA Online Access
- Go to the SAGE Journals Online website at https://online.sagepub.com/cgi/activate/basic.
- Where it says Activate Your Online Subscription, enter your SLAS Member ID and select Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) from the dropdown menu and click submit. (If you do not know your SLAS Member ID, visit your personal profile in the SLAS Member Directory located in the Community section of SLAS.org.)
- On the Instructions page, be sure to check your personal data. Enter a username and password and click submit to confirm activation. Do not click the Journal Title link until the confirmation process is complete.
- Account activation is only required once.
To Access JALA Articles
- After you've activated your account, return to JALA Online and select the journal cover or click on Current Issue.
- To browse past issues in the archives, click on All Issues.
- To search for articles by title, author or keyword, use the Search This Journal or Advance Journal Search tools.
- For assistance, contact SAGE at email@example.com or 800.818.7243.
Access to scientific content at JALA Online is free for dues-paid members of the SLAS Laboratory Automation Section and other JALA subscribers. Nonmembers and nonsubscribers may access JALA Online on a pay-per-view basis. Or better yet, become a member!
Information for Authors
Manuscripts submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis from SLAS members and nonmembers. JALA publishes manuscripts in four main categories: Original Reports, Review Articles, Innovation Briefs, Technology Reviews and Feature Stories. JALA also publishes letters to the editor, and product and company news announcements. For more information about how to prepare and submit manuscripts, see Instructions for Authors.
Nonmember subscriptions are available through SAGE Publications. Annual subscription rates for institutions and individuals are based on the current frequency. Prices quoted are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. Canadian subscribers add 7% GST (and HST as appropriate). Institutions: $411 / single issue $74; Individuals $150/ single issue $33. Contact SAGE Publications, 2455 Teller Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320; Tel: 800.818.SAGE (7243) and +1.805.499.0721; Fax/order line +1.805.375.1700; E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside of the Americas, please visit www.sagepub.co.uk/customerCare.nav for information.
Change of Address
- SLAS Members: Please make changes online via the SLAS Member Directory or send change of address information to the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening, 100 Illinois Street, Suite 242, St. Charles, IL 60174 USA. E-mail: email@example.com. Telephone: +1.877.990.SLAS (7527) or +1.630.256.SLAS (7527).
- Nonmembers: Please contact the SAGE Journals Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.800.818.7243.
Information for Advertisers
JALA accepts display and classified advertising. Frequency discounts and special positions are available. See the JALA Media Kit for rates and more information.
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA