All registrants will be required to review and accept the following terms and conditions during the registration process:
PARTICIPANT LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE AGREEMENT
I, the undersigned, desire to participate in the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening’s ("SLAS") SLAS 2023 Sample Management Symposium in Washington, D.C. to be held October 12-13, 2023. In exchange for being permitted to participate in and enjoy the benefits of the Event, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS. I acknowledge my Event participation may expose me to various risks and dangers. I hereby assume all risks associated with my Event participation, including for personal injury, death, loss of or damage to my property, or any other loss.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, AND ACTIONS. To the extent permitted by applicable law, I hereby waive all claims against, release from all liability (including for negligence), and agree not to bring any action against, SLAS or its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, representatives, contractors, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Released Persons") for personal injury, death, loss of or damage to my property, or any other loss related to my Event participation.
- DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION. I shall defend and indemnify SLAS and the Released Persons from all losses, liabilities, claims, and actions (including reasonable attorney's fees and litigation expenses), related to: (i) my acts or omissions; (ii) my Event participation; (iii) the rights granted by me to SLAS under this Agreement; or (iv) my breach of this Agreement.
- PUBLICITY PERMISSION. I grant SLAS a worldwide, sub-licensable, assignable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free right (but not the obligation) to photograph, record, digitize, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit my name, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, and other personal characteristics as they may appear in photographs, recordings (audio and visual), writings, messages, and other materials (collectively, "Materials") related to the Event, in all formats and media now known or hereinafter created, for any purpose, including for advertising, trade, and commercial purposes. I acknowledge SLAS is the owner of the Materials and I have no right to inspect or approve the Materials or SLAS's use of the Materials.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding its choice of law rules. Any action must be brought in the federal or state courts located in DuPage County, Illinois. If a court finds a provision of this Agreement unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement remains in effect. As to the provision found unenforceable, the provision is not void, but is to be reformed and enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law. This Agreement is binding on me and my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- STATEMENT OF CONDUCT. SLAS has adopted the following Statement of Conduct. By agreeing to the terms and conditions within event registration, you are agreeing to abide by this Statement of Conduct. SLAS reserves the right to remove a non-compliant participant from the event without refund.
- EVENT CANCELLATION. SLAS reserves the right to cancel this event due to circumstances beyond the control of the organization. In the event of cancellation, SLAS will do its best to make attendees aware of the cancellation in a timely fashion. Refunds of registration fees are not guaranteed in these circumstances.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND RECORDING POLICY. No authorized photography, audio or video recording is permitted at SLAS events. Photographs are strictly for personal, noncommercial use. Please respect SLAS presenters and attendees and refrain from taking photographs if they request.
- REFUND POLICY. Membership dues are non-refundable. Event registration fees are refundable until August 21, 2023, at which time a $50 cancellation fee will apply. After this date, refunds are not available.
- NAME SUBSTITUTIONS. Substitution of name on individual registrations are permitted at no charge at any time after registration is finalized, but not after credentials have been picked up at the event.
- BADGE SHARING. Sharing of registration badges is not permitted at any time before or during the event. Badges are issued to, can be picked up by and used only by the Attendee named in the registration record confirmed by SLAS. Sharing of badges against this policy will result in removal from the event, loss of current and future registration and exhibitor privileges.
- WEAPON POLICY. Weapons of any type, functional or non-functional, such as firearms, swords, knives, throwing knives, crossbows, stars, bows, boomerangs, darts, tazers, etc. are strictly prohibited at the Event.
- SAFE MEETING GUIDELINES. SLAS will adhere to and publish safe meeting guidelines developed in conjunction with the event facility and applicable governing bodies as deemed necessary. By registering for this event, participants agree to abide by the guidelines in place at the time of the live event. Safety guidelines will be communicated to registrants via email and the event website. SLAS reserves the right to remove non-compliant participants from the event without refund. SLAS reserves the right to amend these guidelines at any time for any reason.
I READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY INDICATING COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS BELOW, I AM ENTERING INTO A LEGAL AGREEMENT, WHICH BINDS ME TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE SLAS AND THE RELEASED.